Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year

It's now officially 2007 and my new idea to keep the gears in my mind turning is to start reading again. When I was young, I was the kid you could find at recess reading Little House on the Prarie, Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, Charlotte's Web. I used to read a book a day when I was younger and then I got to college and that killed my love of reading for a good 15 years (I was a history major and discovered that I could still pass the class with A's and B's without actually reading the assignments.). Only recently have I begun to enjoy reading again and finding wonderful books that we were never asked to read in school, ones that I probably wouldn't have appreciated without having a little of life's experiences under my belt. So here I go...willingly losing myself in the bookstacks of the local library and Barnes and Noble.

2 Comments:

Blogger Booklogged said...

I need to warn you that if you read any other book blogs, you will get some wonderful, interesting, and compelling book suggestions. Your TBR list will grow exponentially and you'll have lots of fun!

2:28 PM

 
Blogger The Autumn Rain said...

Sounds fun, and good luck! Welcome to the blog world.

9:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home